Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm having an affair

I'm having an affair with words. Stories have been captivating my soul. It's a love affair in so many ways. The way a story can embrace my heart, can entertain, make me laugh. Make me cry. Think things, feel things, that perhaps I want to hide. I'm having an affair with words. I'm compelled to read, compelled to write. I'm inspired. Words once saved me. My mind would race from all the heartache the world threw on my shoulders. Writing would ease so much of the hurt. Words on a page from my heart and soul would dry my young tears. Perhaps words are saving me again. Inspiring me to be more. Write more. Read more. I'm starting this blog to share some words. I want to share some amazing stories I have read and in hopes that maybe you can have an affair with words too.

1 comment:

  1. My affair with words was a date, a date to steer straight into my heart and not look away, straight onto another day in which I didn't want to.stay and play. But instead I found a plate with my name on it at a table I did not recognize as my own, a place that I could call home. Yes Abigale I too have secret love affair with words that I own, words that stick to every bone. Like a song stuck in my head they all come out like a sick kid stuck in bed for two weeks with the flu, all coming out at you like boom, boom ,boom. These words are not words at all they are the feelings of my soul. Like a splinter I cannot remove, they stay hidden and start to consume, my inner thoughts like a fool in lust, I cannot cope, unless I write these lines like dope, lined up for all to see, lined up steering right back at me.

    ReplyDelete